Junk food may taste delicious, amazing, but have you actually thought of what it it doing to your insides? If you desperately need to cut down, but you just can't do it, read on.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables. The more plants you fill up on, the less hungry you will be.
- Get busy. Keeping busy keeps your mind off food.
- Taking a multivitamin will help cut down on cravings.
- Avoid burger joints, even if it means taking a different route home.
- Cut down on the fizzy drinks too. Drink more water. It's important to keep hydrated.
- Take note of the times when you slipped up or have given in to a craving; this may help you to understand why you gave in, and help you to avoid doing it again.
- Write down what you have eaten; if it was healthy, it will make you feel good about yourself.
- Fill the refrigerator with only healthy food and snacks. Have lots of fruit and vegetables at hand to nibble on.
- Do cut right down on sweets and cakes. Don't deny yourself completely but decide when and where you will allow yourself a small treat of some sweets or a cake.
- Make a list of all the junk food you plan to cut right down on, and begin to cut them out one at a time. This will stop you from feeling hard done by and sorry for yourself.
- It's a really good idea to keep all food away from the television because when you sit down to watch television, this is when you will want to get some food and subconsciously eat more than you planned.
- In order to avoid becoming obsessed with junk food you could perhaps treat yourself occasionally - say once a month.
- Have someone hide (or eat) all your junk food so you won't be tempted to eat it.
- Watch "Supersize me" - it might help!
- If you ignore your gut warning and continue to eat junk food, you will put on weight. It is easier to keep the weight off than it is to work at losing it.
- If you're near food it will temp you, stay away!
- How to Pair Food and Wine
- How to Save Money on Food
- How to Read Nutrition Facts on Food Labels
- How to Choose the Right Food for You
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Cut Down on Junk Food. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.